Monday, November 4, 2013

Relief Piece


Three forms of relief artwork are high relief, low relief, and sunken relief. High relief is when forms from the background come forwards to almost half their depth. Low relief is when forms from the background only come forward a little bit. Sunken relief is when you carve into the medium instead of adding to it, so therefore creating the sunken in effect. I chose to use clay as my medium just because I really love working with clay and I thought it would achieve the final product i wanted the best. After my clay piece came out of the kiln I wasn't sure whether I wanted to use glaxe or paint but since I used paint on my vessel project I decided to just switch it up.I think the thing I'm most proud of is the center and the texture it has there. One thing I would change is to make sure and be absoultely positive I have it centered and even.

No comments:

Post a Comment