Tuesday, January 7, 2014

repetition


For this piece, I decided to work with clay..again (haha big surprise.) I took the word repetition by creating multiple lines around the outside to add texture as well.When we first got this assignment, I knew I wanted to use the potters wheel since I had yet to use one. After I had created my bowl, I was planning on doing little dancing bears around the perimeter of the top but the size I wanted them was really difficult for me to trace and carve it out so I ditched that idea. As I was trimming my bowl, I kind've just went with the flow and started creating uneven lines to the outside, it was really just a 'spur of the moment' kind of thing. One thing I think I did successfully was just the bowl itself, for one of my first bowls ever I was really proud of how it turned out. One thing I would like to change about my piece is the size, I wish I had made it bigger so I could use it for more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment